Important Beacon Information Please Read 💥
1) Warning : The halogen bulbs are much brighter but they also burn much hotter. So please Do-It-Yourself customers make sure you allow for proper ventilation for the heat to escape. If not you could damage your light and melt your bullet fresnel lens.🌟
2) If you already have one of our stucco lighthouses or Light Kit 01 from a DIY Project and you want to add or replace a revolving beacon please let us know so we can do a slight modification to the beacon base plate so it will fit inside the top housing of your lighthouse.🌟
3) Please note if you are ordering a Beacon only, then please notice that the Deluxe Beacon is the only beacon that comes standard with a junction box.
4) If you are purchasing a revolving beacon for an existing lighthouse or a DIY Project that is not a Lighthouse Man Lighthouse then please make sure your lighthouse will protect this electric beacon from the elements. Again this is not a stand alone light that can just sit on the top all by itself. It needs to be protected from the harsh elements. Thus your lighthouse must:
A) Have a roof and B) Top housing with either glass or plexiglass to keep out the rain,snow etc.
5) Please make sure you regularly lubricate your gears and motor shaft with a good high quality lithium grease at least 2-4 times a year. This will greatly increase the lifespan of your revolving beacon. You can use WD-40 or a lubricating oil but this is more of a liquid and will not last as long.
6) Do not overtighten your beacon to the junction box as this will crown the beacon plate and the gears will not line up correctly, thus causing the gears to bind and not turn freely. Simply hand tighten the beacon to the junction box and stop tightening the screw when it becomes snug.
7) Sometimes during shipping the large beacon nut on the very bottom can loosen causing the gears to seperate and not mesh 100%. If this is the case please loosen the nut on the very bottom and then take your beacon in one hand and gently squeeze the beacon in your hand and aligning the gears back together. Then simply tighten the nut on the bottom of the beacon. This will force the gears to mesh back together and the unit will now rotate properly.
8) The motor on our smaller beacons is a Bi-Directional motor meaning that one time you turn it on it will go clockwise and then next time you turn it on it will go counter clockwise. This is also a safety feature so if something is in the gears or something is binding then the motor will not just try and continue. The motor it will sense there is resistance and it will go in the opposite direction. If you see your beacon “wobbling”or changing directions constantly please turn your beacon off immediately and inspect the gears. 99.9% of the time is it very simple. Please read #5,6,7 above and that is normally the issue. If you do nothing the motor will eventually burn out.