1) Facebook: This is a great all around Social Media giant site for sharing information, photos, and links with family, friends, and colleagues. We use this site for many options. We promote new items here or we run sales etc just for our Facebook friends and customers.
2) Google Plus: In my opinion this is the upcoming gem of Social Media and will eventually surpass Facebook, especially since it is owned by Google. Like anything else Google does they do it bigger and better. We use Google plus for a little bit of everything. From sharing information, to posting photos and videos, to answering questions or comments, or simply posting sales etc.
3) You Tube: Now owned by Google, this site is excellent for dispersing videos to the public. We use this site specifically for our high end HD videos, promoting new products, and promotional videos. Lighthouse Man is constantly producing new product videos to promote our brand.
4) Twitter: Very popular and easy to use site. This is a great site to send quick messages about new products or promotional items.
5) LinkedIn: This site is designed specifically for use with businesses. Great site for finding employees, vendors, customers, and keeping up to date on the latest news in your business or industry. We use it as a means to connect with other professionals.
Tumblr: This site is actually geared toward Microblogs. We use this site for micro blogging our short video clips or images. This is a very fast paced site and is very user friendly and easy to use.
Instagram: This site is another fast paced site that allows users to view content quickly and make comments very easily. This is a big site especially for our younger generation who are going non-stop between home and School or home to work. This site is also a great asset because it can link your business to other Social Media sites. Great for sharing pictures and inviting friends to comment .
Pinterest: This site is a catch all site for those of us with a vast array of interests. Pinterest has exploded on the Social Media scene over the last several years with the women and DIY crowd. This site allows you to share ideas, recipes, before and after pictures of yourself or projects, and of course the finished product. very popular because it allows others to pin, save, or duplicate the concepts posted.
Reddit: This site is actually similar to an online bulletin board. It is a news website, social networking website, and an entertainment website that allows registered community members to submit content to be viewed by other registered community members. The content can include direct links to other sites and text posts. We use this for promotional information and links to specific items on our webpage.
Vimeo: This site is a video sharing website. We use this site specifically for our high end HD videos, promoting new products, and promotional videos. Lighthouse Man is constantly producing new product videos to promote our brand.
Yelp: This website focuses again on the business leaders. Yelp offers crowd-sourced reviews of local businesses to help get your product and webpage recognized. The company trains small businesses on how to respond to reviews, hosts social events for reviewers and provides much needed data about the businesses.
The Lighthouse Man has jumped in with both feet and eyes wide open to the new age of Social Media and business. Come see what we have to offer at lighthouseman.com and share it with as many family, friends, and colleagues as you can think of. Help us continue to be the number one manufacturer of custom crafted lawn lighthouses and anything nautical you can imagine!